Stay True Tattoo LLC
Tattoo aftercare instructions
*REMEMBER TO ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE TOUCHING YOUR TATTOO*
1. Remove your bandages 1-3 hours after getting home. DO NOT rebandage the tattoo unless
specifically instructed otherwise.
2. Gently wash your tattoo with an antimicrobial liquid soap. **DO NOT use a washcloth or
anything abrasive- use your hands only!
3. Either gently pat the tattoo dry with a paper towel (Again- DO NOT use a washcloth or abrasive
material) or allow the tattoo to airdry.
4. For the first 3 days: After washing and drying the tattoo, rub a VERY small amount of ointment
that we will provide to you (unless instructed otherwise) on the tattoo, just enough to cover it.
You DO NOT want it to look greasy or shiny. Wash, dry, and apply the ointment to your tattoo
1-3 times a day or as needed.
*Always use clean hands to care for your tattoo and DO NOT place your fingers back into
ointment after touching your tattoo!
5. After 3 days of using ointment, transition to an unscented lotion, free of dyes and perfumes. Use
during the healing process and after to keep your tattoo looking its best! (Your tattoo will start to
peel, this is normal- do not pick or scratch while it is healing, this can cause loss of color,
scarring, and/or infection)
6. Wear clean and soft clothing over your tattoo for a minimum of 2 weeks. You do not want any
clothing to chafe, rub or irritate the tattoo while it is healing.
**DO NOT PICK, SCRATCH OR RUB THE TATTOO WHILE IT IS HEALING**
(This can cause loss of color, scarring, and/or infection)
Recommendations While You Are Healing
Stay out of sunlight and tanning booths until fully healed (at least 1 month)
DO NOT soak the tattoo in a tub, sauna, jacuzzi, etc. (Showers are okay)
Extreme Sun Exposure over the years can and will fade your tattoo. It is recommended to
always wear sunscreen to minimalize the affects of sun exposure, using a minimum of
SPF 25. DO NOT apply sunscreen during the healing process.
Consult with a Physician if any signs or symptoms of infection develop.
Should you have any questions please call us at: